Thursday 12 January 2012

Alcohol free January

New year - new me.

This isn't about giving my liver a rest - I didn't drink that much over the holiday season - but more about me taking stock of what I eat and drink and trying (where I can) to be a bit healthier.

So I am partaking in alcohol-free January. No wine, gin or beer for me until the end of the month. Or at least until Burns night!!

I'm now on day 12 and have lost half an inch from my waist. Just shows the calories in the odd glass of wine can make quite a difference ! I feel really good, really energetic.

I have also tried to eat a bit more healthily - more fruit and veg, more fish, less carbs.

Let's see if I can keep it up until the end of the month - and then I can open that bottle of prosecco that is in the fridge !

No comments:

Post a Comment