Saturday 20 August 2011

Flying solo

So that's him away for a week. To California - where the sun shines and you can't hear your children scream.

I've done three rounds of solo parenting in the last year. But this time I suspect it's going to be more entertaining (is that shorthand for horrible?).




1. Toots is about to start at pres-school. Even though it's only downstairs from where she's been for the last 2 years, it's a big transition. She's very excited about it but I'm not sure I'm ready for the consequences. Yesterday I asked her to tidy her jigsaw away and was told, in no uncertain terms, that "I only have two hands mummy".  Mmmm, this could be challenging.

2. Pip is 14 months and wants to but can't walk yet. That being said, she can climb ! Found her on the coffee table yesterday.

3. We live on the third floor and wine supplies are depleted. Need I say more. Thankfully a food parcel is expected tomorrow....

So far so good. We've had 45 minutes and so far only 3 disasters. A fight over the iphone, a rice crispy spillage and a wifi crash.

Now what are the chances of me drinking this tea in peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment