Monday 29 August 2011

OMG How easy is fish pie ?



Now I love to cook. But on a Monday I want something quick and easy.
And I never think of fish pie as that. But it is !!!

So ok, I have to fess up - part of what I do is to get folks to eat more fish. Sounds easier than it is.

And so is the fish pie..... Honestly. Here's what I did.


I took one pack of fish pie mix (this was from Tesco but all the supermarkets do them).
I made a basic white sauce - you know the drill, butter, flour milk. Added a bit of parsley.
Then when the flour had cooked out...

I added the uncooked fish to the sauce, in a pyrex and covered in ready made mash.
I know I know, but £1 for mash without the hassle of boiling, mashing etc was what made it easy.

Fork the top, add some parmesan, in the oven at gas mark 6 for half an hour.
Put kids to bed, take out of oven and blast under the grill to make sure the top is crispy.

Serve with Petite Pois.

Delish - fish. And easy peasy. Not quick but easy !

No comments:

Post a Comment